AGF Publishing Submission Guidelines
Currently, we do not publish or accept submissions for poetry or children’s picture books. However, we accept submissions that have an original, completed full-length fiction or nonfiction manuscript. Please, do not send a query until the manuscript is complete, polished and ready for review. We do not accept partial manuscripts for novels. Nonfiction can be queried with a proposal. Also, do not query more than one project at a time. Due to marketing and distribution constraints, we work with North American authors only at this time.
- We accept simultaneous submissions.
- Authors do not have to be represented by a literary agent.
- We are open to reviewing works from any genre as long as they fit well with one of our imprints.
AGF imprints currently open for submissions:
Floyd’s Gap - young adult literature, teaching materials, and writing resources for emerging writers. We are looking for series made up of short novels in the 25K-30k word range with short, high-action chapters. Have at least the first book of the series completed upon submission. Teaching materials are generally connected to Floyd’s Gap novels.
Northside Books & Media - encourages and equips Christians worldwide through fiction and nonfiction. We accept titles in all genres (fiction and nonfiction) that incorporate the Christian faith.
204 Cherry Street Books - fiction and nonfiction in various genres from gifted writers and storytellers who have a vision to share with the world. We are particularly looking for manuscripts of a literary nature that don’t fit into the niches of Floyd’s Gap nor Northside Books & Media.
When submitting, please provide the following:
- A brief, one to two-page synopsis of the entire manuscript, with an estimated word count of the complete work.
- A sales pitch for the book: What makes it unique and who is your target audience?
- At least 30 pages of the manuscript.
- Information about you and your writing background.
- Our response time can take up to 6 months, so we do accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
Submissions can be addressed to submissions @ agfpublishingcompany DOT com.In the subject line state the following information: Imprint you’re submitting to - the book title - genre. Include the full query in the body of the email, not as an attachment. Attachments